Today, companies are rethinking processes to manage the new business challenges under the threat of the Coronavirus.
How do you maintain productivity with employees working away from the office?
How to connect with customers and prospects in a world of social distancing?
How do you find new prospects when conferences and trade shows are closed?
How do you deliver results for customers dealing with these challenges?
How do you tell the story of your business today?
The New Normal for Business
For example, no longer can problems be solved in a quick team meeting. Decisions can’t be made in a quick visit to a client site. You can’t find an answer from a co-worker across the hall, and a manager can’t work over your shoulder as you develop a solution to a problem.
Even as businesses face more challenges, the need for agility and efficiency is more important than ever. Digital communication is more important than ever. With new pressures, the marketplace is rapidly evolving. It’s critical for businesses to be able to adapt and change their message and approach quickly and efficiently.
Collaboration and communication, between employees and with customers and prospects, is key. Rather than exerting more control, companies need to enable employees to better handle work alone. Rather than building bigger teams, you need to empower individual employees by giving them better tools.
Empowering employees and improving collaboration to help you get your message out to the world are the foundation of CMS Hub from HubSpot.
The Burdens of the Past in Software Apps
A CMS, or Content Management System, manages website and digital content, your digital mouthpiece to the world.
In the past, many companies relied on barebone or starter CMS. These were systems suitable for getting a quick website launched with simple maintenance features and minimal functionality.
A business would quickly outgrow the started CMS when they needed more functionality, capability and customization. CMS providers responded by adding more functionality and sophistication, but it came with a cost – the system required specialized expertise to use it. All that functionality meant one person couldn’t manage it. Ease of use was sacrificed, and suddenly the CMS required a team.
You need a developer, a designer, a marketing team and more just to manage all the complexity that came with the functionality. Your CMS cost goes up, the ROI for the system goes down, and the speed of messaging slows to a crawl. Productivity suffers as more people are doing the work that used to be handled by one person…
… all problems that are exacerbated in our current workforce situation.
Today, with the rising need to communicate digitally with customers and prospects, simple, static websites aren’t enough. Businesses need more power and more flexibility to get their message out there and communicating. They also can’t throw resources and large teams to support the CMS. They need to work smarter. They need a CMS that empowers both the website and the employee.
They need software like the CMS Hub
What is CMS Hub and How Does it Work?
What businesses need today is a CMS that offers functionality but is also secure and easy-to-use for even a marketer or two working from home. They need power and sophistication without high-cost and complexity. They need tools that promote collaboration even for remote teams. This is what CMS Hub from HubSpot delivers.
CMS Hub isn’t a new product. It’s built from the same standalone product that many businesses are already using. However, the latest release rethinks how users interact with the system. It directly addresses the requirements of businesses that need a powerful and flexible website with the features and functionality you want without piling on the system gates that create unnecessary and expensive complexity. The business can build and create that website without investing in a deep (and expensive) team of developers and other experts.
CMS Hub does the heavy lifting for your team with integrated tools built using the HubSpot system.
What Makes CMS Hub a Better Option
HubSpot recognized a gap in the CMS market – a tool that could deliver the functionality and power that a growing business needed, without the high-cost and complexity that came with more powerful CMS tools. Simply put, as a business outgrew their starter CMS, existing choices weren’t an option because of expense in both price and resources to manage.
There are two options with CMS Hub: CMS Hub Professional and CMS Hub Enterprise. This way, every business has what they need in one CMS but aren’t paying for features they won’t use. CMS Hub Professional is built for growing companies that need a powerful website solution and offers an affordable package for any company.
CMS Hub Enterprise was built larger businesses – companies that require multi-domains and more complex web projects like micro-sites. It comes with all the advanced features a multi-site, enterprise company will need, like advanced content partitioning, adaptive page testing, and serverless functionality for apps. Best of all, it’s built using the user-friendly platform you’ve come to expect from HubSpot.
The Key Features of CMS Hub
CMS Hub addresses the needs of growing and enterprise businesses in a more affordable, easier-to-use package. Many of the key features on CMS Hub include:
- An all-in-one place to build and design websites using HubSpot themes. Using themes, developers have a place to design everything marketers need for the website, including modules.
- Hubble tokens, a feature for modules in CMS Hub. The developer can build drag-and-drop areas on a web page that work with the modules, so marketers have the freedom to build the pages they need without utilizing developer resources once the site is built.
- A style dashboard in HubSpot themes, where developers can bundle tools for the marketing team. The dashboard allows marketers to adjust the page styles from the dashboard, rather than digging into the code and foundation of the website. You have the flexibility to create the page you need without adjusting the CSS.
- The ability to create and test multi-language websites. Built into CMS Hub is a toolbox called Multi-Language Content Management and Testing, allowing you to build, test and manage website language variations all in one place.
- Adaptive page testing offers next generation A/B testing for enterprise businesses. Create multiple page variations, then CMS Hub machine learning can adapt the variations over time to help automate the process of finding the most effective page variation.
- Advanced site restrictions are a powerful tool for managing users and teams. Content partitioning gives users access only to the web areas and content they need, with the capability and functionality to complete their required work. It prevents the mix-ups and mistakes common with open access.
- The memberships capability in CMS Hub Enterprise allows user to create log-in restrictions for areas of the site. The business can restrict content and develop member-only web areas and content. You can also block off and secure areas of the site for members and web projects.
- A HubSpot database for developers, called HubDB, helps developers share and use documentation and assets so they can better collaborate and work faster. It helps developers create and manage data-driven assets like event calendars and modules or integrate with outside data sources and resource centers.
- An integration with Git and GitHub, as well as a local development CLI (Command-Line Interface), allows developers to use their preferred workflows, developer tools and systems within CMS Hub. This means you have version control and can quickly and easily move files between platforms and website portals. Developers can work faster and more efficiently with the tools they want in CMS Hub.
CMS Hub isn’t for every business. Smaller businesses may find more features than they need. For a growing company looking for more than they have on their current website, CMS Hub is the best possible solution. CMS Hub Enterprise provides all the power any enterprise business will need, without the expense and unnecessary complexity that many enterprise companies think is a requirement for any app or system designed for them.
The Benefits of CMS Hub
Today, businesses need to see their website as the voice of their company. As we work to overcome the crises facing us, we need to communicate in the forums that our customers and prospect feel safe using. The website needs to be a living marketing tool that can adapt to business, market and customer needs. Companies need to react to change and support their customer. They need a website that can react with them and stay a step ahead of company needs.
With the right CMS – CMS Hub – you can control the message. You can control and better manage your website so it becomes a tool for generating leads, growing business, speaking to the world, supporting customers and empowering employees.
Consider this – with better website data and creating private web areas, you can deliver critical prospect insight even though your sales team can’t go on a sales trip. You can test out your marketing messaging using Advanced Page Testing in CMS Hub, rather than at a trade show or over a cocktail with a prospect. The inbound tools in HubSpot can bring you better qualified leads for less work in the era of social distancing, and your sales team can convert those leads using built-in tools in HubSpot.
CMS Hub is built for the new normal.
Getting Started with CMS Hub
To get you started faster, CMS Hub comes with ready-made themes. In-house developers can also review the drag-and-drop Hubble documentation and developer boilerplate in GitHub to familiarize themselves with the power of the CMS. That’s in addition to the functionality built into the Hubspot platform like the free HubSpot CRM, Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, and Service Hub.
It’s also a good idea to work with a HubSpot expert, who can help the business launch faster and more successfully with CMS Hub. They can not only make it easy to move to CMS Hub, but also help you optimize the use of the additional HubSpot tools like the CRM and Sales Hub.
If you want to learn more, or discuss your options for your website, then contact GO2 Partners today. GO2 is a HubSpot Gold partner specializing in B2B and Enterprise companies. Our goal is to be the easiest company you’ve ever worked with. We help your team solve problems, optimize systems and reach your goals.
Contact GO2 today to learn more.